The 2017 Environmental Measurement Symposium, which is the combined meeting of the Forum on Environmental Accreditation and the National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC), will be held at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC.Â The symposium is co-sponsored by The NELAC Institute (TNI) under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA).Â This year, the Symposiumâ€™s theme is â€œEffectively Communicating Scientific Information.â€Â Some of the highlights for the week include:
- A special half-day general session focused on the conference theme;
- Over 175 oral and poster presentations on a variety of cutting-edge environmental monitoring issues;
- Meetings of TNI Committees to further TNI efforts on environmental laboratory accreditation, proficiency testing, and accreditation of field sampling and measurement organizations;
- An exhibit program showcasing the latest innovations in environmental monitoring;
- An Innovative New Technology Showcase;
- Four special keynote presentations and two lunch presentations on topics of general interest; and
- An open meeting of EPAâ€™s Environmental Laboratory Advisory Board.